Can I get Mortgage Protection with Diabetes?
Yes you can!
Premiums on mortgage protection for people with diabetes are likely to be higher than for those without the condition, some insurers may even decline your application.
If you have diabetes and have applied for mortgage protection in the past then you will know how difficult it can be. This is where our team of Mortgage Protection experts can assist – we’ll help you to find the best cover for you at the right price. Luckily for you will know the insurers that are more lenient to those with diabetes.
We aim to save you money on the premiums that you pay for mortgage protection by searching the market to find you the best Mortgage protection provider.
Our expert advisors have experience with getting cover for clients with diabetes so we understand what you need and we are here to make sure that you get it.
How does diabetes affect your mortgage protection?
It is possible to get mortgage protection if you have been diagnosed with diabetes, but your premiums will depend on the severity of your condition and your HbA1c readings.
Most people with diabetes who are applying for mortgage protection will find that their premiums will be loaded by the mortgage protection provider.
This is why mortgage protection underwriters will assess your diabetes based on a number of key factors and measurements, such as:
- Age of diagnosis
- Most recent HbA1c reading
- Details of all blood sugar tests, kidney function tests, urinalysis & cholesterol
- Type of diabetes
- Medication (e.g. diet, metformin or insulin)
- Existing diabetes complications
- Records of treatment
You may find that certain insurance providers previously declined you for mortgage protection because of your diabetes. This does not mean that every insurance provider would decline you, so it is important to speak to one of our experts to ensure you apply to the best insurance provider for you.
It is very important for anyone with diabetes to apply to insurance providers with strong underwriting for your condition. Our team of experts know exactly which insurance provider will be the best for you and it is our job to make sure that you get the best cover in place at the right price.
Critical illness cover for diabetes
Over the last several years there has been a move towards more flexible underwriting for critical illness cover with diabetes.
Unfortunatly it is still extremely difficult to get Serious Illness cover for those with Diabetes. We are constantly working with mortgage protection providers to help improve underwriting for critical illness cover for people with diabetes.
As a diabetes life insurance specialist we are constantly working with insurance providers to develop new products and help them to improve underwriting for you.
What is the application process for mortgage protection with diabetes?
- Get a quote online (www.onelifeinsure.ie/life-insurance/) or get in contact with us 01-5390410 or email@example.com
- We will advise you on the most appropriate plan.
- No forms to fill in- Quick and Easy Application Process. Completing your application couldn’t be easier, there are no forms for you to fill out. You can complete your application over the phone in about 5 minutes and sign it securely online in minutes.
- During this call we will complete a diabetes questionnaire. The more information we give the insurer at the application stage the better.
- The mortgage protection company will probably request a report from your doctor.
- We will bring the policy back to you with the underwriting decision and from there we will add the finishing touches to your cover
As I mentioned already, it is difficult to get cover if you have diabetes, but my advice is to contact us, let us do the hard work for you and I will be confident that I can get you a decent amount of cover to suit your budget.
or contact us via this contact form and we will respond as soon as we can.