Appling to Pulse Insurance (UK)
OneLife Insure have teamed up with Pulse Insurance(UK). Pulse Insurance specialise in Life Insurance and other covers, often for those who are declined by mainstream insurers. They find cover for people who have serious medical conditions, work in hazardous occupations and/or in dangerous environments or who enjoy hazardous leisure pursuits.
Before you wish to apply to Pulse Insurance through OneLife Insure, we must inform you of the following:
- Please note Pulse cannot guarantee to find everyone cover. However, their team will try to leave no stone unturned in our quest on your behalf.
- The policy premium required may be higher, sometimes significantly higher for those with the most serious conditions, but fairly reflecting the increased risk.
- OneLife Insure charges a fee for this service that is additional to your policy premiums. See below for details on our fee.
- The maximum term for a plan with Pulse is 10 years.
We recommend that you speak to one of our advisors before committing to applying for cover.
How to apply
The application is a three stage process
Once you are happy to proceed with an application, one of our experienced advisors will contact you to start the process.
Stage 1 – Application Stage (Fee €150)
An initial enquiry gathers enough information for an underwriter to provide an Indication of Premium, if they expect to be able to provide cover. This is done based on assumptions from what may be limited medical or others details and is their best estimate of the cost.
Typically, within 7 working days, the client can consider if the indication of premium is affordable, understand the cover that is possible or adjust their cover request prior to going to the next stage where the application is fully underwritten.
Stage 2 - Full Underwriting Stage
Once it is established that cover could be available and the indicative price is acceptable, and you are happy to proceed to the full underwriting stage.
The underwriters will request any Medical Reports as necessary and then review the information to determine if they can offer final terms.
Once the application and Medical reports can be assessed by the underwriter, they will provide a formal quotation in most cases. Sometimes, the Medical Reports reveal details which mean cover is not available as hoped.
The final premium and terms may vary from the Indication of Premium where the precise underwriting of the risk requires adjustment. The difference, if any, may be an increase or a reduction reflecting rating on facts.
You will have the chance to review these and indicate if you wish to proceed or not.
Stage 3 – Proceed with Cover (Fee €190)
If you wish to proceed with your cover, this is when you pay the ‘Proceeding Fee’ of €190.
What are the fees for applying to Pulse?
Our fee for Pulse is in two stages. ‘Application stage’ and ‘Proceeding with Cover’ stage.
- Administration Fee - €150. Which is paid before the first stage of the application, which is the application stage. This fee is non-refundable even in the event of Pulse being unable to offer terms and also if the customer should decide not to take up the cover through Pulse.
At this stage we submit an application on your behalf.
- Proceeding Fee - €190. This is only paid if you have been offered ‘Final Terms’ and you wish to proceed with your cover.
Please contact us to let us know that you are happy to proceed with a Pulse Application.
Can this cover be assigned to a Bank or Lender?
Yes, you can assign this cover to your Bank or Lender.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Pulse Insurance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are also Coverholders at Lloyd’s. Pulse Insurance Limited registered in 1998